The instructions below are for logging in with a two-step verification code from the DUO mobile app. Click here for instructions on using VPN with a landline or hardware token.
Please read the following instructions carefully, as the log in process for VPN has changed as of September 28, 2016.
- Your username has changed from your HUID to your HarvardKey login name (email).
- You are required to enter a two-step verification code. If you haven't already, please set up a mobile device to activate two-step verification.
After activating two-step verification, you will use a new username, your HarvardKey, and a two-step verification code to connect to VPN.
2. Open the Cisco AnyConnect client.
- Enter vpn.harvard.edu
- Click Connect
3. Enter your new username.
Your HUID is automatically populated in the username field. It may be followed by “@name”.
- Replace your HUID with your Harvard email address.
- If you have an “@name”, replace the “@” with a “#”
4. Enter your HarvardKey password in the password field.
5. Enter a two-step verification code.
- Tap the Duo mobile app icon on your smartphone or tablet
- Tap the "key" or "key+" icon
- Type the code into the Two-Step Verification Code field
- Click OK