Please read the following instructions carefully, as the log in process has changed as of September 28, 2016.
If you are configuring VPN Two-Step Verification with a Landline AND do not have a mobile device we recommend that you request a Hardware Token.
1. Open the Cisco AnyConnect client and enter: vpn.harvard.edu
- Click “Connect”
2. Enter your new username
Your HUID is automatically populated in the username field. It may be followed by “@name”.
- Replace your HUID with your Harvard email address.
- If you have an “@name”, replace the “@” with a “#” .
3. Enter your HarvardKey password into the password field.
4. Use your hardware token to generate a two-step verification code
- Click into the Two-Step Verification Code field.
- Insert the hardware token into the USB port.
- Touch the “Y” on your hardware token. The code field automatically fills.
- Click OK. Once the connection is made, you may remove the hardware token.