Printing for Students
FALL 2013 REMINDER! We updated PaperCut over the summer. You must remove any old printers from your personal computer and add new printers using the directions below!
All HUIT-managed printers in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS) are available over the network, allowing you to print to any of these printers from the HUIT network. Harvard charges users for printing to its network printers. The charges are collected using a software system called PaperCut. Before you print, you should log into PaperCut, using your FAS account, and add funds to your budget.
FAS Printing Accounts
- Printing Accounts - step by step instructions for setting up a FAS (PaperCut) printing account and funding it so you can print.
- Why does Harvard charge for laser printing?
Printing from a Personal Computer
- I want to print from my personal Mac to a FAS printer. How do I set this up?
- I want to print from my personal Windows XP/Vista/7 computer to a FAS printer. How do I set this up?
Printing in FAS Computer Labs
- Printing Locations - where are the laser printers in House labs, and which PaperCut print server are they handled by?
- Computing Lab Locations and Resources - see lab locations, printers in labs, and the status of lab computers and printers in real time.
- How do I print from a computer lab Macintosh system to a laser printer in the lab?
Printing in Libraries
- Library printing is a separate system and has different process. Work is under way to provide a single print system for all public printers and this information will be updated when this is ready.
- Public Computer Workstations in Libraries with Printing
- Library Printing from Personal Laptops
- Printing from laptops to Library printers with Pharos Mobile
Printing for faculty and staff
Individual or shared printers are provided by HUIT or other School IT service providers. Methods of connecting to printers will vary by school, department and office. Contact the HUIT Service Desk if you need assistance with printing in your office or lab.