Which email service should I use?

Please use this guide to determine which email system to use. 
For assistance, please contact the HUIT Service Desk at (617) 495-7777

FAS Schools

Central Administration

    • Staff: Use ICEMail

Harvard Divinity School

    • Faculty or Staff: ICEMail
    • Students: @Mail

Graduate School of Design

(please contact the GSD Help Desk at (617) 496-3810)

    • Students: Students are issued an email alias which will redirect mail to a mailbox of their choosing.
    • Staff: ICEMail
    • Faculty: Options are mixed, ranging from an alias to an ICEMail account.

Graduate School of Education

(please contact the GSE Help Desk at (617) 496-0628

    • Students: @Mail

When can I upgrade my smartphone?

All devices should be used for the life of a device.  Staff that have a Harvard-procured phone are encouraged to use the phone for the full service life. Upgrades to Harvard-owned phones should only occur in cases where technical or maintenance issues require replacement. 

How do I transfer payment liability from Harvard corporate to personal billing for my Verizon Wireless account?

  1. The subscriber should obtain permission from his or her department or school to release the cellular number. Permission is only granted through an authorized point-of-contact person in the department or school.
  2. The authorized point-of-contact person from the school or department would contact HUIT-Telecom to cease billing.
  3. HUIT-Telecom will then add a note to the Verizon Wireless account, which will grant permission for the subscriber to takeover payment via personal billing. 
  4. The subscriber should then call Verizon Wireless at 1-800-922-0204 and set-up the payment arrangements.