Follow these steps for requesting and setting up your hardware token on your HarvardKey account.
1. Users must firstset up two-step verification for HarvardKey with a primary device, such as a mobile phone or landline. Instructions can be found at http://huit.harvard.edu/twostep. If you do not have access to a primary device, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-495-7777.
2. To request a token, contact email@example.com with the subject line "Request a hardware token" or call 617-495-7777. Each hardware token must be pre-configured by HUIT.
3. Once you receive your token, insert it into an open USB port on your computer with the metal "Y" face up.
4. For Windows users, your computer will recognize the device and automatically install the necessary software. When complete, a pop-up balloon will indicate the device is ready to use.
For Mac OS users, the first time you insert a hardware token, your computer will recognize it as a USB keyboard. Simply close the pop-up window to continue.
5. Visit a HarvardKey-protected website or application, like the Harvard internal directory, connections.harvard.edu. When prompted for two-step verification, click Enter a Passcode.
6. Tap the metal "Y" on your token and you will be automatically logged in. If you experience difficulty, contact the HUIT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-495-7777.
After you sign up for voice mail service, you will be sent an informational packet to your campus address by University mail. This package includes your 5-digit voice mail box number, a temporary password that allows you to log in for the first time, and a printed Voice Mail User Guide. You will need this information to initialize (set up) your voice mailbox.
Yes. Please request that your department telephone contact ask for that mailbox to be deleted and re-installed so that you can customize your voice mail preferences and update the name that goes along with the mail box.
Faculty/staff requests for voice mail service should be submitted by the designated telephone contact person for your department. If you don't know the name of your contact person, call Customer Support at (617) 495-4900.
In addition to the individual services described above, departments can request specialized mailboxes or create a versatile voice mail application to manage incoming calls and outgoing voice messages. Click here for details on voice mail solutions for departments.
Harvard Web Publishing (HWP) is Harvard's in-house web publishing services group under Harvard University Information Technology. HWP aims to provide cost-effective and sustainable web publishing solutions that promote brand consistency and quality standards for the Harvard Community. HWP supports the implementation of scalable, user-centered technologies with responsive, multi-level customer service and support. Learn more: http://hwp.harvard.edu/