The assigned or chosen FAS account or user name can be changed only under very specific conditions:
- A misspelled user name resulting from an error in our database.
If, for example, John Harvard was misspelled to
jharverd,we would correct the spelling error.
- A legal name change.
Ensure the change has been made with the appropriate Registrar or Personnel Office before requesting the change to your FAS username.
- If the automated method of creating the FAS username creates one that is offensive or inappropriate.
George D. Ross, for example, would be able to request a change from
- If you want to change your username because of a security concern, (e.g., harassment), please email email@example.com with a report of the problem.
If you fall into one of these categories, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Harvard University ID number (HUID).
- Current username and requested username.
- Phone number.
- A time when you will not be logged into your account for approximately three hours during a normal business day. The account cannot be changed while you are logged in (i.e. checking e-mail or using a lab computer).
- Reason for wanting a username change.
In sensitive cases in which you are uncomfortable with e-mailing this information, contact the HUIT Service Desk at (617) 495-9000.