Also known as: Movi, Telepresence.
Audio and video web conferencing and teleconferencing systems.
Key Features and Benefits
Video Conferencing and Telepresence systems - Cisco Telepresence conference systems are in place at most schools and locations.
- Scheduled through your school's Media Group or through the HUIT Service Desk
- Assistance available to support interoperability with older phone sets and systems
- HUIT assistance provided for schools with purchase and installation of systems
Desktop Video Conferencing
- Supported through the Cisco Jabber system
- Available on your personal Macintosh or Windows computer
- Can connect to other computers or room-based video conference systems
Video-Conferencing equipped classrooms and meeting rooms
- Fee-for-service video conference rooms at FAS locations
- TelePresence-equipped rooms at other locations on campus, including Allston and LMA
- Rooms managed locally
All Harvard schools and departments
Requirements and Limitations
- Schedule videoconference rooms in advance; recommended lead-time is two weeks; certain high-demand times, such as Commencement, may require longer planning.
- Provide all pertinent video call information to all conference participants.
FAS academic use: No charge
All others: fees vary by location