Your small actions can make a big difference for your security, both at home and at Harvard.
Don’t click links or attachments in suspicious emails. Instead, go directly to the official website or contact the sender outside of email to verify that the message is legit.
- Report suspicious emails by forwarding them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Set updates to install automatically on all your personal computers and devices.
- Reboot weekly and talk to your local IT support if you are not getting regular updates to your Harvard computer.
Use Strong Password
- Use unique passwords for every account; never reuse your HarvardKey password.
- Use a password manager to keep track of your unique passwords. Get free LastPass Premium now.
- Activate two-step verification whenever possible for an added level of security.
Know Your Data
- Protect sensitive data by following Harvard's information security policy.
- Connect to Harvard’s VPN for added security when you’re on a public network.