This information applies to FAS faculty and staff, as well as Central Administration staff, who have been provided with a new computer. Other users should contact their local IT department.
Along with your computer, you may have received a new or updated set of applications. As a result, HUIT has put together resources to help you become more familiar with some of the new features and tools, including materials pertaining to our standard suite of security applications, as well as some reference guides for the Windows 10 operating system and Microsoft Office.
Please take some time to become familiar with the documentation provided below.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the HUIT Service Desk.
- Welcome to Your New FAS Refresh Computer
- This will provide some basic information regarding the use of the computer over the next four years, including some of the security features.
FAS and Central Administration Users
- Understanding Your Security Tools
- Quick Reference Guides and Other Useful Training Materials
- Windows 10 Quick Reference
- What’s New in Office 2013 Quick Reference
- Additional Windows 10 Resources
- MS Word 2013 Quick Reference
- MS Excel 2013 Quick Reference
- MS PowerPoint 2013 Quick Reference
- Outlook 2013 Quick Reference
- OneDrive for Business Quick Reference
- Skype for Business Quick Reference
- Office 365: Collaboration Tools
- Using a Docking Station