All HUIT printers in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS) are available for network printing from any House-wired network. Harvard charges users for printing to its network printers. The charges are collected using a software system called PaperCut. Before you print, you should log into PaperCut using your FAS account credentials and add funds to your print budget.
PaperCut Printing Costs
Color capability Simplex (printing on one side)Duplex (printing on both sides)
|Monochrome||$0.05 (simplex)||$0.03 (duplex) per side|
|Color||$0.15 (simplex)||$0.08 (duplex) per side|
|Monochrome printing from Color printers are charged the color rate.|
Only plain paper is provided.
Please see the Student technician at the Walk-up Desk for assistance in loading and using special paper.
PaperCut Payment Methods
- Funds are automatically deducted from Crimson Cash once you link your account with Crimson Cash.
- Harvard College undergrads and graduates will be charged to their term bill automatically.
- HUIT cannot accept cash or checks at the Support Desk as payment for printing services.
- Visit cash.harvard.edu.
- Follow the instructions to add money to Crimson Cash using a credit card.
- Login to PaperCut.
- Follow the directions below to link your Crimson Cash Number with your PaperCut account.
Link Crimson Cash to PaperCut
- Visit the PaperCut website.
- In the left hand column select "Link Crimson Cash Number" and follow the directions to link your account.
- If you receive an error visit the IT Walk-In Support Center in the basement of the Science Center during these hours.
- Harvard College and University Undergraduates and Graduates are eligible.
- Proctors, tutors, faculty, staff, summer term, and extension school students are not eligible.
- For clients with multiple roles, staff affiliation overrides student affiliation.
Pay for printing with your termbill
- Those eligible for termbill will have funds automatically charged to termbill.
- To setup paying through termbill no modifications to your PaperCut account are needed. As you print you will accrue a negative printing balance that is then charged to your termbill by the end of the semester. When viewing your balance in the PaperCut app you will see your balance as ($0.37). The parentheses denotes a negative balance.
Credits and Refunds
Printing account transactions are non-refundable and only refundable as PaperCut Credit.
Money used from Crimson Cash can only be refunded as PaperCut Credit.