Assists customers in identifying and implementing technology to make organizations more efficient and effective
- analysis of business problems
- implementation of IT solutions that may involve leveraging existing Harvard solutions, acquiring vendor products, or developing custom systems
Key Features and Benefits
Consultation. Provides support to identify administrative needs and define a strategy for using technology to make administrative processes more efficient and effective, including:
- technical assessment, contract negotiation, systems and data integration, and security audits.
- how to use Harvard identity and authentication services to manage access to customer applications.
Solution Design, Implementation and Support. Provides end-to-end solutions for administrative systems, including:
- requirements gathering, design, development, testing, quality assurance, and implementation and training for both custom built and purchased applications.
- integration services that enable customers to use vendor systems securely with Harvard systems and data.
- ongoing management of systems after implementation, including operational support, upgrades, and enhancements.
Web Application Design, Implementation and Support. Provides end-to-end solutions for web-based systems, including:
- requirements gathering, design, development, testing, quality assurance, and release management for custom built web applications.
- a rich suite of web services that users can integrate into their own applications, including secure access to Harvard data such as course information, building locations, textbook data, etc.
Central Administration and all FAS departments
Requirements and Limitations
Proposed administrative systems projects may need to be reviewed and approved by the HUIT Governance Committee.
Smaller initiatives are reviewed and approved by the Administrative Technology Services Governance Committee.
For FAS departments: Core funded
For Central Administration departments: Core funded, except for web development, which is fee for service