Harvard uses DUO Security to provide two-step verification on HarvardKey.
The instructions below have changed as of 9/22/16.
2. Click Set-up & Manage Your Two-step Verification. You will be prompted to log in with HarvardKey.
3. After logging in with HarvardKey, choose Set Up Two-step Verification.
4. Click on the Other Phones tab and then click Continue
5. Type in a phone number (10 digits US only) and assign a nickname to your device. Re-enter your phone number. Choose the phone type and enter an extension if applicable. Click Continue.
*If you have an international number, please click I have an international phone number for instructions
6. Success! Two-step verification has been activated on your HarvardKey account. Click Add Device to add another device or Cancel if you are finished.
Adding a back-up device is highly recommended. If you do not have access to your primary device, you can use your back-up device instead. Back up devices can be a smartphone, another landline or basic cell phone, or tablet.
What to expect after activating two-step verification
The next time you log in to a HarvardKey-protected resource, you will be prompted to log in with your preferred authentication method. Call Me is the recommended method for landline users. You can also check the box "Remember me for 30 days" on this screen. This will allow you to verify your identity only once a month (per browser).
For assistance, contact the HUIT Service Desk at email@example.com or 617-495-7777.
Where will two-step be required?
Why is Harvard requiring two-step verification?
When will I be required to use two-step verification?
Other two-step FAQs
I don't have my device
What Browsers are Supported?