Also known as: Virtual Private Network
IT Alert: HUIT VPN will require users to login with HarvardKey two-step verification starting September 28, 2016.
- Activate two-step verification now >
- Accessing VPN with two-step verification >
- Accessing VPN with a hardware token >
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) creates a secure connection between devices and University resources by creating an "encrypted tunnel" for the data communication. Many University resources require a VPN connection except when connected via the wired network.
HUIT VPN services can be accessed at the following links:
Key Features and Benefits
- Permits secure access to certain University resources when connecting from off-campus or via the wireless network.
- VPN is one of the reliable and resilient Advanced Network Services.
- The client software is updated automatically.
Last Updated: March 4th, 2015